Happy Valentine’s week! This is no doubt the week of love, and what can be a better way to spread love other than to bake some amazing desserts and share it with your loved ones this weekend?
After all, sharing food is another way of saying I love you. And because deciding what to make takes more time than actually implementing the recipe, we have done the hard work for you and listed some romantic desserts that you definitely should not miss:
- Hand Rolled ChocolateTruffles: Chocolate truffles are super easy to make, use a limited number of ingredients, and can be done in a variety of flavours. Make some flavoured truffles, top each with an edible rose petal and you are good to go.
- Marshmallow treats: Who does not love marshmallows? Give the traditional ones a twist by dipping marshmallows in melted chocolate, and then cover them with a lot of pretty sprinkles.
- Edible shot glasses: Pour some melted dark chocolate compound into shot glass silicone moulds (click here to get one, Shot Glass Mold) and refrigerate them until they set. Demould the edible glasses, and fill them up with dark chocolate or strawberry mouse, and dig in!
- Red Velvet Cake Jars: Innovate the regular red velvet cake by creating the dessert in a jar instead. Just layer red velvet cake crumbs and cream cheese in a jar alternatively, and finish off with a strawberry or two.
- Marbled Chocolate Treats: Colour some white melted chocolate using pink candy colour, and reserve some uncoloured one too. Pour the white chocolate into a large chocolate mould, add some coloured chocolate, and have fun swirling it with a toothpick. The result is totally gorgeous, and also a delight to bite into.
- Strawberry Surprise Centre Cupcakes: The pleasure of having these cupcakes is to see the strawberry filling fall out from the centre of the cupcakes, as soon as you take a bite. And the method is relatively simple - while pouring the cupcake batter into the moulds, just fill the mould to about one-third, then add in a spoonful of strawberry preserves, and add the batter again. Bake as you usually do, and enjoy the surprised look on the faces of your loved ones!
- Oreo Pops: Simply dip the Oreos into a bowl of melted white chocolate, and then decorate them with sprinkles, coloured melted chocolate or other toppings of your choice. Now, how easy does that sound?
- Champagne Cake: Why just drink your champagne when you can eat it too? And champagne cakes are pretty easy to make. Just prepare a vanilla cake either with a concentrated extract or use champagne straight away, fill with whipped cream and cover the cake with pink buttercream frosting; and you will have a cake that tastes as amazing as it looks.
So there you have it folks, not one but eight ways to show your friends and family some true love