Thandai Ice Cream
Refreshing and so traditional for Holi, Thandai is a great base for many desserts. Here is a easy homemade recipe for ice cream that has no eggs nor does it need any fancy equipment. Enjoy this spring festival - and have a great time with friends and family.
500 ml. Fresh Dairy Cream
1/2 tin Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Thandai Masala (see recipe below or use store bought)
1/4 cup chopped Pistachios
1/2 teaspoon Saffron
1 tablespoon Dried, crushed Rose Petals (Optional)
- In a pan, add half the cream, milk, saffron and thandai masala. Gently bring it to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool to touch, add remaining cream and condensed milk.
- Use a hand blender to whisk for 5 minutes till mixture is creamy.
- Fold in pistachios and rose petals if using. Pour the mixture into a freezer proof container or small earthen pots and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with more pistachios before serving.
1/2 cup Cashewnuts
1/4 cup Pistachio
1/4 cup Almonds
10 Whole Black Peppercorns
6 Small Green Cardamoms
2 tablespoons Melon Seeds
2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds
2 tablespoons Rose Petals
1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
15 strands Saffron